If you are a homeowner or have plans to build a house, you will wholeheartedly like the amazing spray foam roofing system. Most Mesa, AZ, roofing companies would agree, spray polyurethane foam is the best house roofing material ever.
What is Spray Foam Roof?
The spray polyurethane foam (SPF) technology combines two heated chemicals which the roofing contractor spreads on the housetop through a spray gun. SPF is a liquid that hardens in few seconds into a hard monolithic roof surface. After the SPF hardens, the roofing technician will add gravel or elastomeric coating to make the roof durable.
The mixture foam will expand, harden, and insulate your house from cold and heat. According to the Oakridge National Laboratories, spray form is an energy-efficient roofing technology as its foam content can reduce your energy expenses by 30-50%. SPF creates a roof system, apart from providing excellent insulation, is also wind and water resistant. SPF is a two-stage application technology that roofers install on top of the existing roof.
• In the first application, the roofing contractor fills the seams and crack. The roofer will also expand the foam into a completely closed surface over the house.
• The roofing contractor uses the second application to install a protective layer to make the roof weather-resistant and durable.
Why do roofing contractors say that spray foam is great?
Quick Roof Installation Compared to the traditional roofing methods, the process of installing sprayed polyurethane foam (SPF) is shorter. Mesa, AZ, roofing contractors can apply the SPF over the existing roofs to save you the expenses on roof removal or separate insulation.
The Benefits of SPF Roofing
• Spray polyurethane foam is suitable for both commercial and residential buildings. Once the thick coating spreads over wood, concrete, or steel, and dries up, you will have a leak-proof roof that does not require re-coating for the next 50 years.
• The insulation capacity of the spray foam roofing is ideal for commercial buildings especially when you would like green energy technology projects.
• Compared to the traditional roofs, SPF has a long lifespan.
• SPF is self-flashing and mold-resistant.
Foam Roofing for Mesa, AZ, Residential Houses
You can trust SPF technology because it has a 35-year history as an excellent sealant against cold, wind, heat, and storms. The foam roof will last between 35 and 50 years. You will also love the SPF for its weight is just one-eighth of the traditional roofing.