Spray Polyurethane Foam, when used as a roofing material, is a form of plastic that turns from an applied liquid, to a durable solid in a matter of a few seconds. As it dries, the volume of the polyurethane foam increases up to 30 percent. It has proven to be the most cost-effective, sustainable forms of roofing available today. To increase its value, it works as an insulation and waterproofing agent at the same time.
Out of all the other ways that you can waterproof and insulate your roof, this is the most sustainable and cost-efficient way.
- The SPF ranks low on the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) emissions.
- There are no chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). This is the compound that has shown to affect the stratospheric ozone in a negative way.
- This insulation is the most energy-efficient.
- It stops any need for burdening landfills with any roof tear-offs that can be costly.
SPF’s physical properties vary depending on the purpose it is meant for. The texture ranges from high-density, to semi-rigid, to soft. The texture of foam used for roofing is high-density, because it can withstand pressures of damaging weather, equipment pressure, and even heavy human traffic – indefinitely.
The physical properties of spray polyurethane foam make it light weight and extremely strong. It has been proven to strengthen the wings of airplanes, can be used as a fully functional floating dock for barges, and it has countless other uses. This amazing spray polyurethane foam makes amazing material for any flat roof, but it has a lot of uses in residential, commercial, manufacturing, and even industrial situations. However, when you are searching for durable roofing material, only one of the criteria makes a difference to you.
Construction: Roof stabilization and roofing – it also makes an amazing insulation for pre-existing walls, new walls, attics, basements, and ceilings. Since it the product is composed of billions of cells that are packed close together, it has amazing capabilities in creating air barriers, and greatly reducing the infiltration of moisture. The infiltration of moisture is the number one cause of building, and building material deterioration.
Why We Use Spray Polyurethane Foam On Roofs
Spray polyurethane foam roofs have proven to last indefinitely. They also hold up their insulation value forever. Not only can they withstand extraordinary weather events – they can withstand the scorching heat that Arizona has to offer, even if you cannot. It has even been used in hurricane plagued areas, like the Louisiana Superdome.
When spray polyurethane foam roofing systems are compared with other roofs with the same R-value, warranty, and slope consideration, the spray foam polyurethane foam roof has proven to be a more economical option, with a very wide margin. We are even the supplier of a the Best Polyurethane Spray Foam Gun in the Foam Roofing industry
Spray Polyurethane Foam on Roofs –
- It can be applied quickly, leaving little or no disruption to the building or facility schedule.
- Requires less people to apply, reducing the possibility of accidents.
- Eliminates the need for multiple levels of roofing required most systems.
- Is able to conform to all roof shapes and types.
- Can be applied directly over existing roofing materials.
- Provides energy efficient savings up 30% or more, when compared to alternative methods.
- Evens out roof surface to prevent dips, or places water collects.
- Self-flashing, seamless, and prevents leaks.
- Resistant to chemical attack.
- Minimal upkeep required to maintain warranty.
- With proper maintenance, it last forever.
To create further weatherproofing, enhance its capacity to sustain normal seasonal expansions and contractions – each job is completed by applying a UV resistant coating system with a granular surface. The elastomeric coatings have an amazing durability and produce low odor and VOC emissions.
Call us at 480-835-5404 if you would like a FREE estimate on a Foam Roof or Foam Roofing Repair in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tucson, Surprise, Tempe, Gilbert, Mesa, or Chandler AZ